What do the lessons contain?
- Discovering singing techniques
- Enlarge the range of the voice
- Ornamentation techniques (with anatomical explanations)
- Eastern singing style with Turkish (Classical, Folk, Tango) repertoire
- Mesopotamian repertoire ( Kurdish, Armenian)
- Music Theory (Classical Ottoman, Turkish Folk, basic theory of Western Music)
- Classical Turkish Music Choir
- Turkish Music choir for kids
- Workshop: Sing to Learn Makam singing workshop
- Baglama lessons
Lessons are in Rotterdam, Den haag and online
And who am I ?
Duygu Alkan is a performer, vocal coach, improviser, and conductor from Izmir, Turkey. After studying Business Administration, she enrolled at the State Turkish Music Conservatory of the Ege University, Department of Voice, where she majored in Classical Ottoman Music. During her studies at Ege, she performed in Middle Eastern and European countries. Additionally, she started to work as a vocal teacher at the conservatory of Sulaymaniyah (Iraq). In June 2019, she graduated with a Master of Arts degree from the Rotterdam Conservatory, Codarts. During, and right after finishing, her master's program at Codarts, she started to work as a vocal coach- and music teacher and conductor in various schools and choirs in the Netherlands. She gives workshops on vocal technique and Classical Ottoman Music repertoire- theory in Belgium and the Netherlands.
Further, Duygu performed in various international festivals and venues in multiple languages (Armenian, Kurdish, Hebrew, Arabic) such as the Utrecht Rasa, Paradiso Amsterdam, Podium Mozaiek , Theater Dakota, Saad Abdullah Palace Conference hall (Iraq), Ahmet Adnan Saygun Concert Hall (Turkey), Izmir Atatürk Culture Centre (Turkey), Newlands Festival, Amsterdam Literature Festival, Zurich Festival, The Kurdish Cultural Festival (Cologne), Anywhere the Wind Blows, North Sea Round Town Festival and the Operadagen Rotterdam,Hide & Seek Festival Brussels. Also, she was invited to perform with her quartet at the Nederlands Blazers Ensemble in Den Haag and she has performed in a theater by Theater Groep Rast as an actress.
- Solo singing performance Championship in Antalya - Turkey by Ministry of Culture Solo singing performance Championship in Nevsehir- Turkey by Ministry of Culture
- Solo singing performance second prize in Ankara- Turkey by Ministry of Culture.